We should have an option to deploy Domino apps to the ipad application list, like it is possible to post web app links.
This is possible today, but with some limitations.
Create a mobile profile and a "Web Clip" payload. The Web Clip requires a Name (icon title), an URL (notes://server/path/db.nsf), and an icon (ok, lets extract it from the app and upload it here...).
- Manual or MDM-based profile creation - no help from the platform
- Its a web clip, meaning Safari will be started and then ask if "Domino Mobile Apps" may be launched
- No simple app switching like in iOS - its still in Tabs
- Option to create a profile containing multiple apps from a page in my Desktop Workspace - Notes Client would generate the profile and possibly send to my mobile device via email
- This would also automate the icon handling
- Optional: Send to MDM Admin to distribute