In Notes, Why is so much square, hard and angular instead of round, soft, and smooth?
But really, when people say Notes is old, it is because, we still retain so much "old ways" in modern times.
- Look at the Preferences options, Why is there still Notes ports? TCPIP is set by default, similarly during a Notes install why does it ask for Netbios?
- Why is there a preference to use the Notes browser and not the default on the PC? Leave the notes.ini setting if you think someone needs it, but why waste a preference on this?
- Also, in the location document, some still have the browser settings and options, why?
- Personal web stuff? Why do we need a web retriever (perweb.nsf)? Has anyone ever played with that setting?
- I can argue why do we still need a Location document if in the installation everything is covered, but I know that would be pushing too much.
- Why do we have to have connection documents? DNS works in most companies.
- Only show one Location document, once installed, not 5 or 6, it just causes more support issues by people accidentally clicking on the wrong one(why they click on it to begin with is another story). Leave the option to create more in the PNAB but stop with the mutli location thing.
- Why is there a location type on the basics tab of a Location?
- And maybe we need to rethink the name replication as most people think of synchronization.
I hated to talk to customers that would raise these kinds of things and still do even when I know why we have ID files, location documents and other relics.